Code of Ethics
WETT Inc. issues certificates of qualification to candidates who have the required amount of industry experience, have completed specified courses of study and have achieved a passing grade on examinations designed to test competence in the required skill areas. To maintain WETT certification in good standing, including the right to use the WETT logo on letterhead and advertising, the person must renew his or her certification annually, complete courses in the WETT continuing education series from time to time as required and comply with the terms of the WETT Code of Ethics below.
- A certificate holder will protect the rights and safety of others and use reasonable skill and judgment while engaged in the sale, installation, inspection or maintenance of solid-fuel-burning systems in accordance with the terms and conditions of WETT certification.
- A certificate holder will not knowingly contravene any federal, provincial, or municipal law, regulation, or by-law relating to the sale, installation, inspection or maintenance of solid-fuel-burning systems.
- A certificate holder will not knowingly sign or issue a false or misleading report or other document.
- A certificate holder will not make a false, exaggerated or misleading statement as to the practice of solid-fuel work, or make a false or malicious statement or publication that injures the professional reputation of another person who is WETT certified.
- A certificate holder will not use the WETT logo or the words Wood Energy Technical Training in a way that misleads the public as to the WETT certification status of him/herself or of another person.
- A certificate holder will participate fully in the complaints process.