All participants in the WETT training system.
Length: Two full working days plus evening study and an online pre-course. The pre-course must be completed prior to attending the in-class portion of the course.
- Review the new chapter 14 of the WETT Reference Manual
- Review NBC 9:21 (found in the WETT Reference Manual, chapter 4, section 4).
- Review NBC 9:22 (found in the WETT Reference Manual, chapter 9, section 9).
- Review B365-17
- Bring both your WETT Reference manual and B365-17 with you to class
Completion of Code Compliance and Wood-burning Systems courses. Eighty (80) weeks of industry experience is recommended.
- To introdue the taypes of inspections and SITE Guidelines and the roles and responsibilities for professionals when conducting inspections of solid-fuel-burning appliances.
- To prepare you to conduct, document and report on an inspection of a wood-burning appliance and its venting system.
To create more uniformity in comprehensive inspection activities and reporting. Included in this course are: a review of Inspection Checklist forms that have been purposely developed to guide you in the field inspection, a documentation and reporting process that will provide you with the essential and required content for your Inspection Report.
- Types inspections and SITE guidelines
- Homeowner communication
- Inspection reporting
Those already WETT certified: Successful completion of the course (70% on the examination) results in a continuing education (CE) credit with a five-year extension.
Inspectors: Successful completion of the course (70% on the examination), when combined with the necessary 80 weeks of field inspection experience (including at least 30 inspections of wood-burning appliances) and a letter of reference, results in WETT certification SITE Basic Inspection.
Salespeople and Installers: Successful completion of the course (70% on the examination), when combined with the necessary 80 weeks of industry experience (including at least 30 installations of wood-burning appliances for technicians) and a letter of reference, results in WETT certification SITE Basic Inspection, Technician and/or System Advisor.
Those already WETT certified: Successful completion of the course (70% on the examination) results in continuing education credit.
Please note: prices are subject to change and may vary by region. Visit the courses in your area section for specific dates, course locations and registration information